You boating organization should have policies as to the use of drones and a drone operations manual. We can help put a custom program together for your organization. Here are some of the things you should think about an have in a drone programs:
- Will your organization own the drone?
- If the boating organization owns the drone, who should have access and for what purposes?
- Where will the drone be kept?
- We recommend getting insurance for the program from Gowrie Business Insurance, to cover your organization.
- What training does the drone operator need to operate the boating organization’s drone? We recommend training hands-on training in the Training Tab. We will be offering a hands-on Drones 4 Boating course October 8-10, between the Annapolis Sailboat and Powerboat Shows.
- We recommend using a drone mission planning, drone management, flight auditing program. I use CQNet to plan my flights, track maintenance on my Phantom 4 Pro and to do post-flight anaysis.
- If the drone is owned and operated by a volunteer or drones-as-a service company, there are different policies.
- How will